J.R. McCowan lived on this block and platted this subdivision in 1898. However, he never really got past the planning stages. Nevertheless, the maps after 1894 call this block “McCowan’s Subdivision”. The block also had the distinction of being nearly covered in an orchard. The deed book only has two entries, granting lots 13-18 and 19-24 to “McClellan Park”. It should be noted that these lots comprise the west half of the block only, as is seen on the 1913 Sanborn Map. McClellan Park would later be built and cover the entire block.
Today, the site of McCowan’s Subdivision (and McClellan Park after it) is the location of the Pete Domenici Federal District Court.