Additions and Subdivisions

Geography and history San Jose

Map of San Jose

San Jose

1949 aerial

San Jose

1952 street map

San Jose

1972 zone atlas

San Jose

2014 aerial

History of San Jose

History of San Jose

Zone Atlas: F14

The five blocks of San Jose Addition were platted in 1924. Only Block One shows any significant amount of transactions in the deed book. All the others were privately owned and don’t appear to ever have had any residences. In 1957, the State Highway Department occupied all but 2 blocks; a board was appointed to consider vacation of the streets in the addition. The following month, “a board of viewers” was appointed “to officially close streets in the San Jose Addition which were never opened”. It seems the streets of Arno, Edith, Walter, and High were intended to go through the San Jose Addition at some point, but it never happened. Today, five lots of Block one are all that remain. They are in their original location, on the east side of Broadway Blvd., between Gibson Blvd. and Wheeler Ave. With the exception of the five lots, the entire rest of the area is now the Broadway Industrial Center Unit 3. 

Sources

Sources

Powered by Springshare. All rights reserved. Report a problem.